To become a SOAR Advisor a candidate must successfully complete the following selection process steps:
- Anyone interested in becoming a SOAR Advisor MUST attend a MANDATORY Information Session to gain access to the on-line application.
Fully complete and submit the SOAR Advisor Online Application (only available to candidates who have attended a MANDATORY Information Session).
- To access the SOAR Advisor Online Application, read all the directions carefully and sign in using your Campus ID (9 digit number).
- All sections marked with a red asterisk * MUST be completed.
- Online application must be submitted by noon on Wednesday, March 6, 2013.
- Answer all five questions (Part II) and demonstrate that time and thought were put into each question. Do not exceed two pages.
- Answers will be evaluated and scored to determine who is invited to the required Advisor Experiential taking place Friday, March 15, 2013.
All candidates MUST submit two Personal Reference forms by the noon on Wednesday, March 6, 2013.
- At least one (1) reference MUST be from a current CSULB staff or faculty member
- Family members and friends MAY NOT serve as references
- Reference forms may be submitted to STARS/SOAR, Foundation, Suite 160, faxed to 562-985-1899, or emailed (PDF/JPEG) to SOAR@csulb.edu.
- Those with complete applications and references will be invited to attend the required Advisor Experiential based on the evaluation and scoring of their application.
- Advisor Experiential is scheduled for Friday, March 15, 2013, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The location is TBA.
- A second Advisor Experiential may be offered if there is an extraordinary number of completed applications.
- Conflicts with either of these dates will be reviewed on a case-by-case scenario
- Candidates will sign up for a group interview at the conclusion of Advisor Experiential.
- Hiring decisions will be made based on the online application, Advisor, and group interview.
- Candidates will be notified of their status via email.