SOAR Advisor Application
To become a SOAR Advisor, a candidate must successfully complete the following selection process steps:
- Anyone interested in becoming a SOAR Advisor MUST attend a MANDATORY Information Session to gain access to the online application.
Fully complete and submit the SOAR Advisor Online Application (only available to candidates who have attended a MANDATORY Information Session).
- To access the SOAR Advisor Online Application, read all the directions carefully and sign in using your Campus ID (9 digit number).
- All sections marked with a red asterisk * MUST be completed.
- Online application must be submitted by 12 p.m. on Wednesday, February 25, 2015.
- Answer all five questions (Part II) and demonstrate that time and thought were put into each question. Do not exceed two pages.
- Answers will be evaluated and scored to determine who is invited to the required Advisor Experiential. Invitations to the Advisor Experiential will be emailed Friday, March 6, 2015.
All candidates MUST submit two Personal Reference forms by Wednesday, February 25, 2015.
- At least one (1) reference MUST be from a current CSULB staff or faculty member
- Family members and friends MAY NOT serve as references
- Reference forms may be submitted to STARS/SOAR, Foundation, Suite 160.
Or faxed to 562-985-1899.
Or emailed (PDF/JPEG) to SOAR@csulb.edu.
- Those with complete applications and references will be invited to attend the required Advisor Experiential based on the evaluation and scoring of their application.
- Advisor Experiential is scheduled for Friday, March 13, 2015 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The location is TBA.
- A second Advisor Experiential may be offered if there is an extraordinary number of completed applications.
- Conflicts with either of these dates will be reviewed on a case-by-case scenario
- Candidates will sign up for a group interview at the conclusion of Advisor Experiential.
- Hiring decisions will be made based on the submitted application, Advisor Experiential, and group interview.
- Candidates will be notified of their status via email by Friday, April 10, 2015.
Things to consider before applying to become a SOAR Advisor
- Candidates must currently have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA upon completion of the Spring 2015 semester
- Candidates must be available to work the entire summer from May to August 2015, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday)
- Candidates cannot be registered for classes at CSULB for Summer 2015
- Candidates must be in good academic and disciplinary standing at CSULB
SOAR Advisor On-line Application
(Available on Tuesday, January 20 through Wednesday, February 25, 2015)