SLD Student Academic Travel Grant
- Applications deadline: May 3, 2013.
- Award notifications begin: May 17, 2013.
Please be sure to direct any questions regarding this grant to Michael Jackson, Office of Student Life and Development, USU-215, at (562) 985-5213, Monday thru Friday from 8am to 5pm.
The SLD Academic Travel Grant application is available for download here.
Spring 2013 Description
The Office of Student Life and Development is proud to announce the Spring 2013 Student Academic Travel Grant. This grant was made possible for those students wishing to enhance their educational experience by attending academic conferences, workshops, seminars and/or lectures which:
- Enhances your educational experience here at CSULB.
- Supports growth in your academic discipline.
- Exposes you to current trends in your field of study.
- Gives you the opportunity to share your conference/travel experience with the CSULB campus community.
The Student Life and Development Travel Grant can be used to reimburse CSULB Students’ for conference, workshop, seminar and/or lecture related expenses such as conference registration fees, transportation, lodging, memberships if required to attend/present at a conference.
Things you should know before submitting your application
- Travel which enhances your educational experience, i.e., to conferences, workshops, seminars, lectures etc.
- Travel that supports growth in your academic discipline.
- Travel that exposes you to current trends in your field of study.
- Travel that is related to your major.
- Travel that allows for the presentation of a thesis, research paper etc.
- Travel that allows for senior presentations.
- Travel that allows you to present a poster.
- Travel that allows you to participate in a competition.
- Travel for which its sole purpose is for you to just volunteer.
- Travel for which its sole purpose is for you to just attend.
- Travel listed on a class syllabus and/or required for a class assignment.
- Travel for which its sole purpose is for visiting other schools for potential enrollment.
- Travel for which its sole purpose is for attending a Job Fair.
- Travel for which its sole purpose is to study abroad.
- Travel for which its sole purpose is to either obtain and/or work an internship.
- Travel for which its sole purpose is for recreation and/or pleasure.
- Travel which involves you being compensated for services rendered.
- Class credit for travel.
- Having received a Student Life and Development Travel Grant during the same academic year.
- Travel listed on a U.S. Department of State Travel Warning: Centers for Disease Control, Prevention Travel Advisory, Embargo List and/or a World Health Organization listing of “Consideration to postpone all but essential travel” at least 10 days prior to the travel or visit. (http://travel.state.gov) Funding may be used for registration, transportation and lodging.
- Currently enrolled in the Spring 2013 semester as a matriculated CSULB student at time of application. Students enrolled through extension services are ineligible.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled at time of application in 12 units and possess a minimum CUM GPA of 2.0 in all work accepted at CSULB during the semester they are traveling.
- Graduate students must be enrolled at time of application in 9 units and possess a minimum CUM GPA of 3.0.
- If the student does not have the required number of units, please provide a written explanation of why he/she is not enrolled in the required units. Your application may have to undergo additional evaluation which may include but not be limited to contacting your department.