People with Disabilities Community Service
Acacia Adult Day Services
- Agency: http://www.acacia-services.org/
- Acacia Adult Day Services is an adult day care facility that caters to frail older adults, individuals with Alzheimer's, dementia, stroke, Parkinson's and adults with disabilities and their families.
- Site: Garden Grove, CA
- Need: Assist and facilitate activities that promote cognitive and physical functions: Quizmo, current events, trivia, cooking, crossword, arts and crafts, golf, bowling, ring toss, Wii, Xbox 360 Kinect.
- Time: Varies
- Contact: Acacia Adult Day Services
- Telephone: 714/530-1566
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 11391 Acacia Parkway, Garden Grove, CA 92840
Pathways Interfaith Caregivers Program
- Site: 3300 South St., Long Beach
- Need: Volunteers provide respite care, transportation services, weekly telephone calls and/or home visits, billing assistance w/personal and/or medical bills, grocery shopping, light household chores, light meal preparation, handyman/yard/dishes/laundry services.
- Time: Minimum 2 hours/week and 1 year commitment
- Telephone: (562) 531-3031
- Address: 3300 South Street, #209, Long Beach, CA 90805