Well Woman Exam
What you need to know before your examination:
If your Family PACT card is expired, or if your last Well Woman Exam was LESS than 1 year ago, you will be responsible for all lab charges.
- Avoid putting anything in your vagina for 2 days prior to the appointment. This means: NO sexual activity, NO douching, NO vaginal cream, and NO tampons.
- Try not to schedule your Well Woman Exam during your period; but if you do get your period, please keep the appointment. Although we may not be able to do the Pap test, the rest of the physical exam can be performed.
- If you are enrolled in Family PACT, you MUST bring your card to your appointment (make sure it is not expired).
- You will probably be asked for a urine sample, prior to your exam. Please do not urinate at least 1 hour before your appointment.
- Lab costs for Pap test and STI testing (chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis):
Please arrive 15 minutes If you cannot make your appointment, please call 562-985-4771 to cancel and/or reschedule.
It is strongly recommended that you attend a free, informational workshop in the Health Resource Center (Room 268 of the SHS) prior to your appointment, especially if this is your first Well Woman Exam. This short workshop is called the Sexual Health Awareness Workshop (SHAW) and is offered many times throughout the week. Call (562) 985-4609 to schedule an appointment. You are welcome to bring your partner or friends. Click on this link for more information about SHAW.
- Family PACT: no costs; remember to bring your Family PACT card to the appointment.
- Non-Family PACT: Lab charges will vary depending on tests ordered.