Housing Application Information
Students are encouraged to apply for University Housing once they have been admitted to the university. Remember that University Housing is not guaranteed. Do not make assumptions or rely on information from other students or campus offices. Refer to Frequently Asked Questions for more information. Further questions can be directed to the Housing and Residential Life Office. Thank you for your interest.
View the CSULB Housing fees, and find additional information relating to financial aid and housing payments.
APPLY NOW for summer housing. Deadline to apply is May 10, 2013 at 5pm (pdt). There is a limited amount of spaces for summer so we encourage you to apply early. Contact University Housing if you have any questions. 562.985.4187 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the Freshman Residential Requirement for more information
2013-2014 Academic Year Housing
Update: Due to limited spaces and a high number of applications received, applicants are currently being placed on a paid waitlist*. First time Freshman who have not been granted an exemption are still required to apply and others are encourged to apply as we anticipate further openings. If we are able to offer you a space, you will be notified by email.
HOW TO APPLY?
Apply online (to be placed on the paid waitlist)
Pay the $400 (non-refundable*) initial fee.
- Spaces will be assigned based on payment received date.
A few things to know:
- If you applied and paid by May 1, 2013 you qualified for application order priority. This places you in an order based on the date and time you have applied. If you paid after May 1, 2013, your placement is based on the date and time you pay instead.
- *After July 24th, if you choose to cancel off the paid waitlist, your initial payment will be refunded.
- Once you are confirmed a space, your initial payment will not be refunded. In addition, a prorated charge of $28 per day will be assessed if you cancel after July 24th, 2013.
- If paying by mail, payment must be received at the CSULB Housing office by the stated deadlines. Postmarks are not accepted.
- The 2013-2014 Academic Year Housing License is for the Fall 2013 and Spring semesters (additional charges apply for semester and Spring Break Licensing). Early cancellation of the license for any reason will result in a cancellation fee of $200.