Checklist for Starting a New Club
- Have a clear idea (preferably written out) about the club you want to start.
- Begin an informal survey of who may interested in joining the club.
- Complete the Application for Forming a New Sport Club.
- Make an appointment and meet with Director of Club Sports and Recreation to discuss ideas and obtain a copy of “How to Form a New Club Sport.”
- Get approval for the advertisement of an interest meeting for the club.
- Host an interest meeting for the club around campus.
- Provide a sign-in sheet with contact information of attendees.
- Determine whether you want to hold try-outs or have an informal entrance
- Host elections for official positions in the club and turn in results to the
Office of Club Sports and Recreation.
- Create a constitution and bylaws for the club.
- Get the constitution and bylaws approved.
Select and reserve space for club practices.
- Hold official first meeting of the club explaining dues, officials, competitions,
budgets, travel and all other club business.