CARES includes representatives from Counseling and Psychological Services, Judicial Affairs, Housing & Residential Life, University Police, Disabled Student Services, Dean of Students Office and Student Services. Representatives of other units attend CARES meetings for specific cases and participate as needed.
- Chair – Dr. Jeff Klaus, Associate Vice President and Dean of Students, (562) 985-8670
- Dr. Brad Compliment, Director of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Dr. Thomas Malizia, Director of Judicial Affairs
- Dr. Mary Ann Takemoto, Associate Vice President for Student Services
- Carol Roberts-Corb, Director of Housing & Residential Life
- David Sanfilippo, Director of Disabled Student Services
- Christopher Schivley, Captain of University Police
If this is an emergency, please call 9-1-1 or University Police (562) 985-4101.
Refer a Student to the CARES Team
Refer a student to the CARES Team by submitting a report through our secure online form or call the Associate Vice President and Dean of Students, Dr. Jeff Klaus at (562) 985-8670. If this is an emergency, please call 9-1-1 or University Police (562) 985-4101.