Freshman Spring Advising
Mandatory Freshman Spring Advising workshops help students explore majors, understand University requirements, and decide on the best courses to enroll in for fall 2014.
Important information regarding Freshman Spring Advising workshops:
- Check-in begins 30 minutes before each workshop starts.
- Be aware that the workshops last approximately 90 minutes.
- You must attend the workshop before your registration hold is released.
- Workshops are held in the UCUA (Horn Center, Room 103)
- Bring a laptop or tablet if you have one.
- If you cannot attend your scheduled workshop, please contact us at (562) 985-4837 (follow the telephone prompts to speak to a receptionist) to reschedule your appointment.
NOTE: If you have been pursuing entrance into a particular major, it is important that you visit an advisor in that major department or college advising center to request pre-major status as soon as possible. (Exception: If you are interested in a major in the College of Health & Human Services, and are currently undeclared, you will continue to work with UCUA until you have met the Major Specific Declaration Requirements.)
To register for a workshop - call our office at (562) 985-4837 (follow the telephone prompts to speak to a receptionist) - or - sign up for a workshop online.
We look forward to seeing you!