Assigned Time Guidelines and Application Instructions
The Provost's Weekly Message dated October 2nd, 2013 indicated that Academic Affairs will support reassigned time awards (RSCA) in 2014-2015.
Each college will be allocated support from Academic Affairs for 2014-15 reassigned time applications. Colleges may supplement this amount with their own funds. Reassigned time will be awarded through a competitive process at the college level. Each reassigned time award will be equal to 3 units of reassigned time during the academic year.
Information regarding the policies and procedures for supporting research, scholarly and creative activity are outlined in Academic Senate Policy 11-02.
- Submission Deadline: The due date in all colleges for faculty proposals for 2014-15 awards is February 3, 2014.
- Eligibility: Only tenured, probationary, and full-time lecturers are eligible to compete for reassigned time funding. Tenure Track Faculty in their first three years receiving assigned time are not eligible for this program.
- Evaluation and Review Process: RSCA Assigned Time applications will be evaluated by College committees established by College Faculty Councils. The College Faculty Councils will determine the criteria for evaluating and awarding RSCA Assigned Time applications.
College faculty councils shall:
- Establish the policies and procedures for evaluating reassigned time; and
- Determine the composition and charge of their reassigned time award committee.
Reassigned time awards committee shall:
- Meet to discuss criteria, processes, and procedures for the review, evaluation, and ranking of proposals; and
- Discuss, rank, recommend, and provide written rationale on recommendations of applications to the college dean.
The College Dean shall:
- Review the college reassigned time and college committee recommendations;
- Make final decisions on reassigned time awards.
- How to Apply: Individual College Councils are responsible for determining the criteria for applying, evaluating and recommending RSCA reassigned time. Although there are no required guidelines or application forms, Colleges are welcome to use to use the forms previously required for assigned time applications.