Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
Formerly Animal Welfare Board (AWB)
The CSULB IACUC shall be appointed by the President with membership to include:
- At least one, but no more than three, non-University representative(s) conversant with the general principles of research involving animals;
- One doctor of veterinary medicine;
- One tenured member of the University faculty at the rank of full or associate professor conversant with contemporary ethics and ethical systems;
- Three additional tenured members of the University faculty at the rank of full or associate professor with significant experience in sponsored research using animals;
- SCAC Chair or Designee;
- The Director for Research Compliance;
- The Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs or Designee.
The period of service for the non-University representatives and for members of the University shall be for a period of three years.
Staff to IACUC:
- Research Facilities Coordinator
- IACUC Administrative Support