Assistant Professor - Computer Science
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
|August 18, 2014 (Fall semester)
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or Software Engineering or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2014
- Specialization in the area of Software Engineering or Mobile Application Development. Demonstrated excellence in teaching or demonstrated potential for effective teaching at the university level
- Record of or demonstrated potential for successful research and scholarly activity
- Commitment to and/or expertise in educating a diverse student population
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the university/college level
- Experience in teaching courses in the area of Software Engineering / Mobile Application development
- Demonstrated ability and clear plans for the development of research programs and curriculum in the emerging and rapidly developing areas of Software Engineering / Mobile Application development
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with industrial partners
- Demonstrated ability to supervise student projects, develop academic programs, update curriculum, supervise students' theses, and actively participate in university governance
- Demonstrated interest in contributing to the mission of the department, college, university, and community.
Teaching undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral level courses
- Establish a sustained record of scholarship
- Service to the department, college, and university.
The Department of Computer Engineering and Computer Science at California State University, Long Beach welcomes and encourages diversity. We seek applicants and nominations from those who have experience teaching, mentoring, and developing research in ways that effectively address individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning. California State University, Long Beach is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Letter of application addressing the minimum and desired/preferred qualifications
- CV (including current e-mail address)
- A list of three references or letters of recommendation
- A copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree
- Finalists will also be required to submit a signed SC-1 form, three letters of recommendation (if not already submitted) and an official transcript.
Applicants should submit their application, required documentation through AcademicJobsOnline at: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/2991/apply
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, political affiliation, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.