Assistant Professor - Civil Engineering & Construction Engineering Management
|Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering & Construction Engineering Management (Structures)
August 18, 2014 (Fall semester)
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- B.S. in Civil Engineering and Ph.D. in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Structural Engineering or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree conferred by August 1, 2014
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching or demonstrated potential for effective teaching at the university level
- Record of and/or demonstrated potential for successful research and scholarly activity
- Commitment to and/or expertise in educating a diverse student population
- Two years of effective teaching experience in undergraduate and/or graduate level courses in Structural Engineering and/or Earthquake Engineering, curriculum development and advising
- Research and/or professional experience in Structural Engineering
- Potential of registration as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Teach undergraduate and graduate level courses and conduct laboratory experiments in:
- Structural Analysis/Structural Mechanics: structural analysis, advanced structural analysis, dynamics of structures, seismic analysis, computational mechanics, analysis and design with composite materials.
- Structural Design: wood, steel, reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, reinforced masonry, foundation structures design, seismic design.
- Develop new courses related to Structural Engineering and/or Earthquake Engineering.
- Work on research and scholarly activities in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Structural Mechanics, and other related fields.
- Student advising and mentoring.
- Participate in department, college, and university committees.
The Department of Civil Engineering and Construction Engineering Management at California State University, Long Beach is committed to building a more diverse faculty, staff, and student body as it responds to the changing population and educational needs of California and the nation. We seek applicants and nominations from those who have experience teaching, mentoring, and developing research in ways that effectively address individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds. California State University, Long Beach is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
- Letter of application addressing the minimum and desired/preferred qualifications
- CV (including current e-mail address)
- A list of three to five current references or letters of recommendation
- A copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree.
- Finalists will also be required to submit a signed SC-1 form, three to five current letters of recommendation (if not already submitted) and an official transcript.
To apply for this position, please visit the following web site:
Requests for information should be addressed to:
Chair, Search Committee
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Civil Engineering and Construction Engineering Management
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-5101
Telephone (562) 985-8010; Email: Ameeta.Perera@csulb.edu
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, political affiliation, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.