Electrical Engineering-Assistant/Associate Professor
|Assistant/Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering
August 19, 2013 (Fall Semester)
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, with a specialization in the area of Power Electronics and Power Systems by August 1, 2013
- Evidence of potential for excellence in teaching at the university/college level, including both undergraduate and graduate courses. Evidence of potential for successful research, or record of strong research commensurate with professional level, in Power Electronics and Power Systems or related fields.
- Commitment to and/or expertise in educating a diverse student population.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the university/college level
- Experience in teaching courses in the areas of Power Electronics and Power Systems
- Demonstrated ability and clear plans for the development of research programs in Power Electronics and Power Systems or related fields
- Demonstrated ability to supervise student projects, develop programs and curriculum, supervise students’ theses, and actively participate in academic governance
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in or related to Power Electronics and Power Systems, as well as undergraduate fundamental courses in Electrical Engineering
- Develop curriculum, supervise graduate student projects and theses
- Develop a research program which complements and enhances ongoing research activities in Electrical Engineering and leads to publication and external funding
- Provide service to department, college, university, and community
The Department of Electrical Engineering at California State University, Long Beach welcomes and encourages diversity. We seek applicants and nominations from those who have experience teaching, mentoring, and developing research in ways that effectively address individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning. California State University, Long Beach is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
- Letter of application addressing the minimum and desired/preferred qualifications mentioned above
- Cv (including current e-mail address)
- A list of three to five current references or letters of recommendation
- A copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree
- Finalists will also be required to submit a signed SC-1 form, three to five current letters of recommendation (if not already submitted), an official transcript, evidence of successful teaching (examples: syllabi, student evaluations, course handouts), and a statement of teaching, research, and professional goals
Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to:
Chair, Electrical Engineering Search Committee
Department of Electrical Engineering
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-8303
CSULB is dedicated to recruiting exceptional candidates from a diverse pool including women, historically underrepresented, and veterans. In addition, CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, political affiliation, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.