Written Communication (PWC)
GOAL : To demonstrate error-free prose that conveys meaning to readers with clarity, fluency and sophistication
as measured by students being able to:
- Write (via inventing, drafting, and revising) text that effectively communicates ideas, facts, and/or information to an audience appropriate for the assignment.
- Organize their writing using appropriate strategies (paragraphs, headings, rhetorical arrangement).
- Utilize various strategies (reasoned argument, examples, etc.) to support ideas expressed in their written work.
- Incorporate source materials via summarizing, paraphrasing, and/or quoting while consistently applying a citation style appropriate to the discipline (APA, Chicago, MLA, etc.).
- Apply the conventions (via revision and editing) of standard written English.