Quantitative Reasoning (PQR)
GOAL: To confidently and fluently apply technical skills and quantitative reasoning that will allow them to be life-long learners of mathematics.
as measured by students being able to:
- Demonstrate the recall of basic mathematical facts and definitions when given a well-posed mathematical equation.
- Execute basic arithmetic and algebraic manipulations when given a well-posed mathematical equation.
- Apply quantitative reasoning in problem solving in mathematics.
- Generate hypotheses and questions pertaining to a given situation or set of data, and find evidence to support or refute those hypotheses either through numerical comparison or rigorous mathematical reasoning.
- Evaluate their own and others’ quantitative reasoning, by probing the validity of assumptions, critiquing the reasonableness of conclusions, and detecting fallacies in quantitative reasoning..