Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Admission Under Impaction
Refer to the following website for additional impaction criteria: http://www.csulb.edu/depts/enrollment/admissions/impacted_major.html.
In order to graduate with an undergraduate business degree from CSULB, a student must complete a minimum of 120 units. A majority of the upper division business courses, including economics and statistics, must be completed at this university. For details, refer to the CBA Policy on Course Transfers/Substitutions.
1. Lower Division:
Take all of the following:
- ACCT 201 Elementary Financial Accounting (3)
- ACCT 202 Managerial Accounting (3)
Prerequisite: ACCT 201.
- ECON 100 Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
Prerequisites: MATH 103 or higher; one GE Foundation course.
- ECON 101 Principles of Microeconomics (3)
Prerequisite/Corequisite: MATH 103 or higher.
- MATH 115 Calculus for Business (4)
Prerequisite: Appropriate ELM score, ELM exemption, or MAPB 11.
Choose one of the following:
- STAT 108 Statistics for Everyday Life (3)
- MATH 114 Finite Mathematics (3)
Prerequisites: Appropriate ELM score, ELM exemption, or MAPB 11.
2. Critical Thinking Course Requirements
- Any critical thinking course (GE category A3); IS 100 is recommended.
3. All business and pre-business majors shall demonstrate computer literacy and competency. Take one of the following:
- A. Passing score (70%) on the Computer Proficiency Examination (CPE).
- B. IS 233 Introduction to Computer Systems and Applications (3) with Credit (Cr).
- C. Transfer equivalent course with a "C" or better grade.
4. Upper Division:
- A. Take all of the following:
- CBA 300 International Business (3)
- FIN 300 Business Finance (3)
- BLAW 320 Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business (3)
- IS 300 Management Information Systems (3)
Prerequisite: IS 233 or equivalent.
- IS 301 Business Communications (3)
- IS 310 Business Statistics (3)
Prerequisite: STAT 108 or MATH 114.
- HRM 360 Organizational Behavior (3)
- MGMT 300 Principles of Management (3)
- MKTG 300 Marketing (3)
- B. The following Capstone course must be taken at CSULB as a senior and after the upper-division prerequisite core courses have been completed (ACCT 310 or 202, FIN 300, MGMT 300, MKTG 300, IS 301):
- MGMT 425 Business Strategy and Policy (3)
Prerequisites: ACCT 310 or 320 or 202; MGMT 300, MKTG 300, FIN 300, IS 301.
- C. Completion of option requirements.
5. Elective courses to total 120 units. Student are encouraged to select electives for expansion of knowledge and intellectual interests as well as for preparation for business employment.