Honors in Psychology
- 1. Admission to the major.
- 2. At least a 3.5 GPA in all Psychology courses.
- 3. At least a 3.25 overall GPA.
- 4. Signed contract from a psychology faculty member agreeing to serve as Honors Thesis Chair.
- 5. Submission of honors application to the Psychology Honors Advisory Committee.
- 6. Commitment to three semesters in the Honors program
In order to graduate with Honors in Psychology a student must:
- 1. Complete all regular requirements for the psychology major.
- 2. Earn minimum 3.5 upper division GPA and minimum 3.5 Psychology GPA by the time of graduation.
- 3. Complete 4 units in PSY 310: Intermediate Statistics.
- 4. Complete 3 units in PSY 490H: Special Topics – Honors with a "B" or higher.
- 5. Complete 3 units in PSY 496H: Research Preparation: Development of a Thesis Proposal with a "B" or higher.
- 6. Complete 3 units in PSY 498H: Senior Honors Thesis with a "B" or higher.
- 7. Complete 1 unit in PSY497H: Senior Honors Thesis – Presentation.
- 8. Complete 3 units in any other 400 level psychology course exclusive of 405, 406 or 499.