Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Required Courses (6 units):
- POSC 100 Introduction to American Government (3)
Prerequisite/Corequisite: GE A1 requirement.
- POSC 300 Scope/Methods Political Science (3)
Prerequisite: POSC 100.
Concentration Requirement (18 units):
Take 18 units in one of the three areas of concentration:
- 1. Law, Politics, Policy
- 2. Political Theory
- 3. Global Politics
Take 3 lower-division units and 15 upper-division units in the chosen area of concentration, including the senior seminar in that area.
Breadth Requirement, 15 units of which:
1. no more than 6 units may be from the student's area of concentration;
2. no more than 3 may be lower division;
3. minimum of 3 units must be from each of the student's two non-concentration areas, for a total of 6 units
- Note: This program must include at least 3 units of a practicum.
- Note: POSC 100, the 200-level concentration requirement, and POSC 300 must be completed by the end of the junior year.
- Note: POSC 100 and one 200-level POSC course must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
- Note: With the exception of internships, all courses used toward the POSC major must be taken for a letter grade.
Total Units: 39