Minor in Linguistics
The minor requires a minimum of 21 units.
Take all of the following:
- LING 101 Introduction to the World's Languages (3)
Prerequisite: ENGL 100 or GE Composition (Area A1).
- LING/ANTH 170 Introduction to Linguistics (3)
Prerequisite/corequisite: Any GE Foundation course.
- LING 325 Modern English Grammar (3)
- LING 329 Introduction to Language Acquisition (3)
- LING 420 Phonology (3)
Prerequisite: LING 170 or ANTH 170 or consent of instructor.
Take any two of the following electives:
- LING 363, LING 379, LING 401, LING 413, LING 421, LING 423, LING 425, LING 426, LING 428, LING 433, LING 438, LING 460, LING 470, LING 472
Electives may also be selected from an approved list of linguistics-related classes from other departments. See the undergraduate advisor for details.
Effective Fall 2015, a new Minor in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages will be available.