**The below information has been altered from the published version of the catalog. Optional course selections of POSC 215 and POSC 220 have been removed. A list of differences in the online and published version of the catalog is available. **
Minor in International Studies
This minor consists of a minimum of 24 units at least 15 which must be upper division courses, together with at least three years of college level of study (or equivalent proficiency) in a language (other than English) relevant to the student's program of study in International Studies.
Lower Division (9 units):
Take the following course:
- I/ST 200 Introduction to International Studies (3)
Prerequisite: GE Foundation requirements.
Take one of the following:
- ECON 100 Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
Prerequisites: MATH 103 or higher and one GE Foundation course.
- ECON 101 Principles of Microeconomics (3)
Prerequisite: MATH 103 or higher.
Take three units selected from the following:
- ANTH 120, HIST 212, GEOG 100 or 160; POSC 218.
Upper Division (15 units):
- 9 units selected from the courses grouped in the International Studies Core as this group is defined for the Bachelor of Arts degree in International Studies.
- 6 units selected from one of the Geographic Area Concentration as defined for the Bachelor of Arts degree in International Studies.