Master of Science in Kinesiology
Four options are under the Master of Science degree in Kinesiology. The core courses for thesis/project students are KIN 696 and KIN 698. The core course for comprehensive examination students is KIN 696.
Option in Sport and Exercise Psychology
1. Core (18 units):
- KIN 512 Legal and Ethical Issues in Sport (3)
Prerequisites: Graduate standing; admission into the Kinesiology Graduate Sport Management Program; or consent of instructor.
- KIN 572 Applied Sport Psychology (3)
Prerequisites: KIN 339. Open to Sport Psychology & Leadership students in Kinesiology only, or by consent of instructor or graduate standing.
- KIN 577 Sport in U.S. Culture (3)
Prerequisites: KIN 332 or equivalent.
- KIN 578 Psychological Aspects of Exercise and
Prerequisites: KIN 339. Open to Fitness and Sport Psychology & Leadership students in Kinesiology only, or by consent of instructor or graduate standing.
- KIN 633 Seminar in Sport Psychology (3)
Prerequisites: KIN 339 or consent of instructor.
- KIN 696 Research Methods and Statistical Analysis (3)
Prerequisites: Undergraduate major in Kinesiology or related field, undergraduate Statistic course or equivalent.
2. Elective Courses (12 units):
Select four of the following courses:
- KIN 573, KIN 575, KIN 630, KIN 697, PSY 553, PSY 575, PSY 581, PSY 678.
3. Select either option A, B, or C (6 units):
- A. Thesis/Project: KIN 698 Thesis/Project (6 units)
- B. Capstone Course: KIN 694 Capstone in Kinesiology (3 units) plus three (3) units chosen from the Elective Courses.
- C. Comprehensive Examination: Passing score in written and oral portions of Comprehensive Examination plus six (6) units chosen from Elective Courses.