Health Services (School Nurse) Credential (code 600)
The Health Services (School Nurse) credential is required of registered nurses working in the California school system.
Prerequisites for Post-Master's Students
- 1. Copies of transcripts of Baccalaureate in Nursing and Masters in Nursing (with a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner specialty) degrees;
- 2. Copy of State of California RN licensure and entitlement as a Nurse Practitioner;
- 3. Three letters/checklists of reference;
- 4. Completion of the School of Nursing Graduate Program Application and university application.
1. Completion of 12 units in approved upper division and graduate courses.
2. Complete the following with a grade of "B" or better:
- NRSG 536 Theories and Practice of School Nursing (3)
Prerequisites: Admission to the School Nurse Credential Program, NRSG 535, CD 353 or 431/531 and HSC 430, or consent of instructor. Corequisites: NRSG 536L.
- NRSG 536L School Nursing Clinical (3)
Prerequisites: Admission to the School Nurse Credential Program, NRSG 535, CD 353 or 431/531 and HSC 430, or consent of instructor. Corequisites: NRSG 536.
- H SC 430 School Health Program (3)
Prerequisites: HSC 301.
- C D 373 Audiology I (3)
Prerequisites: CD 261.