Master of Science in Science Education
Option in Secondary Science Education
This option is aimed at teachers with a Single Subject credential in Science. Graduate students complete 9 units of graduate work in a Science discipline.
Program of Study
The Program of Study includes successful completion of:
- 1. Take 6 units from the following:
- EDP 519, 520, 595, 596, or other courses chosen in consultation with advisor.
- 2. Take all the following Science Education core courses:
- SCED 550 Current Issues and Research in Science Education (3)
- SCED 551 Science Teaching, Learning and Curriculum Models (3)
- SCED 552 Nature of Science (3)
- SCED 697 Directed Research (1-3)
- 3. Take 9 units of graduate level science (chosen in consultation with advisor)
- 4. Take the following course: