Master of Science in Psychology
Option in Human Factors
- 1. An undergraduate major in Psychology or in another field with 24 units of upper division psychology. A minimum grade point average of approximately 3.0 for the last 60 semester units (90 quarter units) and for all PSY units.
- 2. Take all following courses or their equivalents:
Students lacking only PSY 310 may be admitted to the program but must complete the course their first semester in attendance.
Recommended: CECS 174 or any course in computer programming; One of the following psychology courses or their equivalents: PSY 340, 341, 342.
Advancement to Candidacy
Satisfy the general requirements of the university for advancement to candidacy.
- 1. A minimum of 36 units of upper division and graduate work including the following:
- PSY 511 Statistical Design & Analysis of Experiments (3)
- PSY 518 Computer Applications in Psychology (3)
- PSY 527 Human Factors (3)
- PSY 627 Human Factors' Methods (3)
- PSY 633 Seminar in Perception and Attention (3)
- PSY 635 Seminar on Situation Awareness (3)
- PSY 698 Thesis (1-6)
- MAE 508 Systems Engineering and Integration (3)
- CECS 448 User Interface Design (3)
- Take one of the following:
- PSY 533 Research in Cognition and Learning (3)
- PSY 634 Seminar in Cognition (3)
- Take one course from the following:
- PSY 512, 544, 696, 697; ENGL 419 or otherwise approved by the program committee.
- 2. A preliminary oral examination on the thesis proposal and a final oral examination in defense of the completed thesis.