**The information below differs from the print version of the CSULB Catalog. KIN 546 is not an active course and has been removed from bullet point #2. Please browse here for a full list of differences between the print and online catalog. (08/02/11)**
Master of Arts in Kinesiology
Five options are under the Master of Arts degree in Kinesiology and are described below. The core courses for thesis students are KIN 696 and 698. The core course for comprehensive examination students is KIN 696.
Option in Adapted Physical Education
This option is designed to provide advanced preparation in adapted physical activity and the study of individuals with disabilities across the lifespan (preschool to adult).
- 1. Take the following course:
- KIN 696 Research Methods (3)
- 2. Minimum of 12 units selected from the following:
- KIN 537, 538, 638, and 697;
- 3. KIN 698 (4 units) for thesis/project students plus a minimum of 14 elective units;
- 4. Comprehensive exam students complete a minimum of 21 elective units.