Campus and Faculty
The faculty of California State University, Long Beach are committed to excellence in both teaching and research. Students have an opportunity for regular interaction with their professors as well as involvement in original research and creative activities under faculty supervision.
About the Campus
California State University, Long Beach is located three miles from the ocean and stretches across 323 beautifully landscaped acres. CSULB is home to 86 buildings including:
- Two state-of-the-art science buildings. The new Hall of Science building opened this year offering research labs, teaching laboratories, two 180-seat lecture halls, lecture classrooms, faculty and administrative offices, a marine biology lab, a rooftop greenhouse and a rooftop observatory. The Molecular and Life Sciences Center with 43 laboratories, 19 teaching labs, 24 directed-studies labs used by faculty and staff and 42 faculty/student offices, opened in 2004.
- Specialized facilities for Engineering Technology, Art, Industrial and Interior Design, and Music.
- A 10,000 square-foot addition to the Nursing building opened in 2010, offering additional instructional space, a computer lab and faculty offices.
- The University Library, which maintains an extensive collection of information resources for study, research, enrichment and recreation.
- The Library's Spidell Technology Center and the Horn Center, which provide more than 400 student computing workstations.
- One of the premiere dance facilities in the country, with 90,000 square feet dedicated to Dance.
- The new 125,000 square-foot Student Health and Wellness Center.
- CSULB's beauty is marked by 3,200 Helen Borcher flowering peach trees that were donated by the citizens of Long Beach, an extensive sculpture collection, and the tranquil 1.3 acre Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden.
With over 35,000 students, California State University, Long Beach has the largest single-campus enrollment in the CSU system. About 2,100 faculty and 1,800 professional staff members work at the University, which is organized into eight colleges and 63 academic departments and programs.
Welcome to the Beach
The California State University