College of Business Administration
Marketing - Programs
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Admission Under Impaction
Applicants must have met requirements for admission to the university as a freshman or transfer student. Applicants must have completed 60 units applicable toward a CSULB degree prior to the term for which the application is submitted. The number of applicants who can be admitted is limited by space availability. Eligible applicants will be admitted for available spaces based on cumulative grade point average.
In order to graduate with an undergraduate business degree from CSULB, a student must complete a minimum of 120 units. A majority of the upper division business courses, including economics and statistics, must be completed at this university. For details, refer to the CBA Policy on Course Transfers/Substitutions.
1. Lower Division:
- ACCT 201 Elementary Financial Accounting (3)
- ECON 100 Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
- ECON 101 Principles of Microeconomics (3)
- MATH 115 Calculus for Business (3)
- Choose one of the following:
- STAT 108 Statistics for Everyday Life (3)
- MATH 114 Finite Mathematics (3)
2. Ethics Course Requirements:
- Choose one of the following:
- PHIL 160 Introductory Ethics (3)
- PHIL 170 Critical Reasoning (3)
3. All business and pre-business majors shall demonstrate computer literacy and competency prior to taking junior and senior level courses. Requires one of the following:
- A. Passing score (70%) on the Computer Proficiency Examination (CPE).
- B. Completion of IS 233, Introduction to Computer Systems and Applications (3 units), with Credit (Cr) or “C” or better grade in a transfer equivalent course.
4. Upper Division:
- A. Take all the following:
- CBA 300 International Business (3)
- ACCT 310 Cost Accounting for Managers (3)
- ECON 333 Managerial Economics (3)
- FIN 300 Business Finance (3)
- BLAW 320 Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business (3)
- IS 300 Management Information Systems (3)
- IS 301 Business Communications (3)
- IS 310 Business Statistics (3)
- HRM 360 Organizational Behavior (3)
- MGMT 300 Principles of Management (3)
- MKTG 300 Marketing (3)
- B. MGMT 425, Business Strategy and Policy (3 units), (Capstone) must be taken at CSULB as a senior and after the upper division prerequisite core courses have been completed (ACCT 310 or 320, FIN 300; MGMT 300; MKTG 300, IS 301).
- C. Completion of option requirements.
5. Elective courses to total 120 units. Students are encouraged to select electives for expansion of knowledge and intellectual interests as well as for preparation for business employment.
Option in Marketing (code MKTGBS01) (120 units)
This option establishes that marketing is largely a social process emphasing that enterprises meet the needs of individuals or segments of society. The function of marketing determines those needs, provides the most effective means of informing actual and potential customers of the availability of services and goods, and delivers such services and goods.
- 1. Nine units selected from the following courses:
- MKTG 310, 330, 410, 420, 430, 437, 465, 480, 481, 492;
- 2. Take the following courses:
- MKTG 470 Marketing Research (3)
- MKTG 490 Consumer Behavior (3)
- MKTG 494 Marketing Management (3)
Minor in Marketing (code MKTGUM01)
- 1. Take the following course:
- 2. 15 Units selected from the following courses:
- MKTG 310, 330, 410, 420, 430, 437, 465, 470, 480, 481, 490, 492, 495 or CBA 300 as approved by the department.
- 1. IS 310 is a prerequisite for MKTG 470;
- 2. MKTG 480 is a prerequisite for MKTG 481;
- 3. MKTG 300 is a prerequisite for MKTG 420, 430, 465, 470, 480, 481, 490 and 492.