University College and Extension Services has become the College of Continuing and Professional Education.
UCES maintains a customer-focused market-driven approach to developing and delivering programs. As a result, the programs may change often to adapt to the training and educational needs of the marketplace. UCES offers both professional development (non-credit) and credit programs, in many different subject areas. Whether the program is credit-bearing, or not for university credit, UCES strives to provide the following features in every course:
• Quality curriculum
• Innovative and thoughtfully designed formats
• Convenient days/times
• Affordable fees and payment plan options
• Fast, easy registration
In addition, UCES provides companies, organizations, and government agencies with customized professional development programs for employees at their work site or at CSULB.
For a free catalog of the latest comprehensive program listings and descriptions, call the UCES Customer Service Center 800/963-2250 or visit the web site www.uces.csulb.edu.
Following is just a sampling of the many types of programs offered by UCES.
Human Resources Management
Professional Meeting and Events Planning
Basic Applied Forensic Science and Crime Analysis
Engineering and Architectural AutoCAD
Geographic Information Systems
IT Project Management
Oracle Internet Applications Developer Specialist
Professional Designation Programs and Industry-Specific Exam Prep Programs
Global Logistics Specialist
The SHRM Learning System (PHR/SPHR exam prep)
Project Management Fundamentals
Managing Technical Professionals
Fundamentals of Supervision Management
Grant Writing and Non-Profit Management
Career and Personal Enrichment
Degree programs offered by UCES are in partnership with other CSULB colleges.
• Bachelor of Arts in Family and Consumer Sciences, Option: Child Development and Family Studies
• Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Option: International Business (Singapore)
• Master of Arts in Communicative Disorders
• Master of Arts in Global Logistics
• Master of Arts in Kinesiology, Option: Sport Management
• Master of Arts in Kinesiology, Option: Pedagogy
• Master of Business Administration (Fully Employed MBA for Working Adults)
• Master of Business Administration (Accelerated)
• Master of Public Administration
• Master of Science in Criminal Justice
• Master of Science in Health Care Administration (Accelerated)
• Master of Science in Mathematics: Option in Applied Statistics (Accelerated)
• Master of Social Work
Credit Certificates Offered
• Applied Statistics
The American Language Institute provides English as a Second Language instruction to international students. ALI offerings include long-term and short-term programs, and credit and non-credit courses. Programs offered through the ALI include the Intensive English Program, a non-credit program offered year-round, 3 sessions per year, in which students are in class up to 25 hours per week.
Open University provides an opportunity for those people who are not currently admitted to and/or registered at CSULB to enroll in most courses offered by the university. Enrollment is on a space-available basis, and subject to approval of the instructor and department chair. Students receive Open University Special Sessions credit. For more information, call the UCES Customer Service Center at 800/963-2250.
Center for International Trade and Transportation (CITT)
Southern California Process Improvement Network (SPIN)
• Full service award-winning video and multimedia production facility located on campus, including a 2200 square-foot studio, featuring the leading computer animation software
• Computer labs both on and off campus, equipped with the latest hardware and software
• Executive conference and training rooms
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are a permanent record of attendance in professional development (non-credit) programs. They are awarded by The American Council on Education (ACE) and administered through UCES. CEUs can enhance ones resume and provide another opportunity to showcase a commitment to professional development. CEUs for specific professions are also available.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are a permanent record of attendance in professional development (noncredit) programs. They are awarded by The American Council on Education (ACE) and administered through UCES. CEUs can enhance ones resume and provide another opportunity to showcase a commitment to professional development. CEUs for specific professions are also available.