Active Learning Classroom
The CSULB Active Learning Classroom (ALC) is where instructors and students experience a flexible, student-centered learning environment.
The ALC offers:
- a learning environment which facilitates active learning, not traditional lecture.
- the ability for instructors to easily engage with students during activities.
- technology that allows students to present work for review by peers and instructors.
- furniture and writeable walls designed to facilitate small-group work.
Requesting the ALC:
- Participation in this classroom requires actively engaging in the instructor ALC online community and meeting with AV Services to learn the equipment functionality.
- The room is prioritized for courses with low-completion rates.
Fill out the online form
to request access persuant to the university classroom request policies.
View current classroom schedule
- The ALC is located in the Academic Services building in room 244.
- The classroom accommodates up to 64 students with eight tables and eight chairs per table.
- The instructor station includes a Windows computer, a document camera, mobile device input jacks, a projector and a control panel in order to manage the technology located at each of the student tables.
- Each student table has a large plasma screen attached to the wall and a Windows computer in addition to two mobile device inputs.
- A switching system in the table allows the students to view multiple mobile devices thus supporting collaboration.
- Questions about the physical space and the instructional technology equipment should be directed to Leslie Kennedy at 562.985.1022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online classroom schedule