BeachBoard Course Retention Guidelines
- BeachBoard courses will be
retained on the active server for five semesters following the end of a
course to ensure that information is available to support grade appeals
and for the recycling of course materials.
- After the five semesters,
BeachBoard courses will then be archived and kept for two additional
semesters in an off-line archived format.
- Off-line archive format courses are
automatically purged at the end of the two semester period.
- A notice will be posted in BeachBoard to all
instructors six months prior to the scheduled purge date of the off line
archived format course content.
- The notice will provide procedures for instructor
to request an archive copy from Technology Service Desk.
- Instructor should save a copy of their BeachBoard gradebook for their records at the end of each term.
- Instructor have the option of
saving a copy of their course, "Control Panel > Archive Course,"on
their computer. They should contact Technology Service Desk if they have any questions or need assistance with archiving
their course materials.
- If the instructor creates a course archive
and opens its Zip file on their computer outside the BeachBoard
online environment, h/she will only be able to view course materials
that they had uploaded to the course, but enrollment, gradebook,
discussion, and email will not be available.
- A course archive that is restored into a
blank BeachBoard course shell should contain student data such as
enrollment, gradebook, discussions, email, and course materials unless
an anomaly with the software occurs. Because of
Blackboard software anomalies, the ability to restore an archived course
is not guaranteed.
- Instructor must follow grading policy outlined
in the "CSULB 2006 Instructor Handbook."
- Courses are
automatically made "Unavailable" to students two weeks after the end of a