Assignment Grader App
The Assignment Grader app is an application for the iPad only. Whether you are online or offline, the Assignment Grader app provides quick and easy access to assignments submitted to your courses' dropboxes, allowing you to provide meaningful feedback and grading through rubric, text, audio or video - when and where it is most convenient for you.
Click the link(s) below to see the app in the App Store:
Demo version Free: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/desire2learn-assignment-grader/id503947702?ls=1&mt=8
Full version $9.99: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/desire2learn-assignment-grader/id496587100?mt=8
1. Getting Started with Assignment Grader
2. Views Within Assignment Grader
3. Going Offline With Assignment Grader
Setting up a Desire2Learn EduDentity Account
If it is your first time using Assignment Grader, you will have to create an EduDentity account.
- Open the Assignment Grader app.
- Tap the Create EduDentity Account button.
- Read the EduDentity Service Agreement.
Select the check box verifying that you are 13 years of age or older and that you have read the EduDentity Service Agreement.
- Tap the Accept button.
- If you choose to accept, you will be prompted to enter necessary details in order to create your new EduDentity account.
- Enter your Full Name.
- Enter your Email.
- Create a Password for the EduDentity Account.
- Tap the Register button.
- After your account has been created, you will receive a confirmation email to the email address you specified. You
verify account creation via this email in order to activate your EduDentity account.
Back to Top
Connect Your BeachBoard Account
You will now be asked to connect your BeachBoard (Desire2Learn) account. Adding your BeachBoard account will give Assignment Grader privileges to access your student Dropbox submissions.
- Tap the Enter LMS Address Manually button.
- Enter a descriptive Label, such as BeachBoard.
- Enter the Server address: bbcsulb.desire2learn.com
- Tap the Connect Account button.
- After the account is successfully connected, you can proceed to log in with your BeachBoard credentials.
- For the Username, enter your 9 digit Campu ID number.
- For the Password, enter your BeachBoard password.
- Tap the Log In button.
- After log in, click Continue to allow Assignment Grader to access your BeachBoard account.
- Assignment Grader will now synchronize with existing Dropboxes.
Back to Top
- When in the All Folders area, there are three views you can organize by:
Course view alphabetically sorts all current courses you manage, with all relevant Dropbox folders underneath.
- The Due Date view sorts all assignments by nearest due date.
Ungraded view sorts all assignments by number of ungraded submissions.
- Selecting an assignment will allow you to further organize all submissions of that assignment:
- The Ungraded view: displays all ungraded submissions of the assignment first.
- The Name view: alphabetically sorts all students who have submitted the assignment.
- The Date view: sorts by latest submission of that assignment.
- The Grade view: sorts submissions by highest grade.
Back to Top
Grading an Assignment
Select an Assignment Dropbox.
Select a student Submission.
Tap or swipe the icon on the side to bring up the grading panel.
- Manually enter a grade in the Score box.
- If there is a rubric attached, select the rubric to use it in your grading.
- In the Record Feedback section,
- Select Audio and then tap the red button to begin and end your recording.
- Select Video and then tap the red button to begin and end your recording.
- Note: Your recorded audio or video feedback will be saved in the Attachments area.
- When you are finished recording your audio or video feedback, click the Attach Feedback button or click the Clear button to clear the recordings. Note: Once you have clicked the Attach Feedback button you cannot delete the recordings.
Back to Top
Uploading Individual Feedback
Once you are finished grading the student:
- Click the "Not Published" icon, and Assignment Grader will sync the grade to your Dropbox. The icon will then turn to a "Graded" icon.
- Use the arrows to navigate to the next or previous student. Navigating to a different student will automatically publish feedback for the current student.
- Going back to the list of students will automatically publish feedback for the current student.
Back to Top
When you have access to wireless coverage, Assignment Grader can download assignments for you to work with offline:
- In either the "All Folders" area, or in individual assignment view, tap the download icon. If they are not downloaded already, turning ON this icon for a Dropbox will download all submissions of that assignment by students. While ON, the icon continues to Favorite the Dropbox - this means:
- The Dropbox will show up in the "Downloaded" tab for you to work with.
- Clearing the cache does not delete downloaded attachments of Favorited Dropboxes.
- Turning OFF the icon will not delete downloaded submissions (see: Changing the Settings for Assignment Grader), instead, the Dropbox will be un-Favorited and disappear from your view in the "Downloaded" tab.
- Deselecting the icon midway through a Dropbox download will halt the download.
- The downloaded Dropboxes will appear in the Downloaded tab.
- Assignment Grader will begin downloading the assignments in the background.
Back to Top
Working Offline with Downloaded Assignments
For information on how to grade an assignment, see: Grading an Assignment. In offline mode, there are some key differences when it comes to uploading your feedback:
- When offline; tapping the "Not Published" icon, moving to the next student submission via the arrows, or going back to the list of users does not automatically sync feedback to the BeachBoard Dropbox.
- Unpublished feedback will appear with a "Not Published" icon.
When you have access to wireless coverage, to sync your assignment feedback back to the BeachBoard Dropbox, you may:
- Select the "Sync" icon within an individual assignment view. This will sync all feedback for submissions of that assignment.
- Select the "Sync" icon from the Downloaded tab. This will sync all feedback for all submissions for all downloaded Dropboxes.
- Sync for individual submissions. See also Uploading Individual Feedback.
Back to Top
Changing the Settings for Assignment Grader
- Tap the gear icon to bring up the settings panel.
- Selecting File Size Limit for assignment downloads. Submission files exceeding this limit will not be downloaded.
- Selecting Use WiFi Only will restrict network access for Assignment Grader to WiFi only. Use this if you do not wish to incur roaming charges when downloading assignments or uploading feedback via cellular networks.
- Clearing the cache deletes all downloaded attachments for un-Favorited Dropboxes. Any associated grades or feedback to those assignments are not deleted.