Student Learning Outcomes for the Department of Design are shared by all Design majors
- Students will communicate design concepts through written and oral presentations using design terminology; data collection and analysis; and reasoned, reflective practices aimed at creating design solutions.
- Students will develop and create design solutions that demonstrate a strong sense of civic responsibility and ethical practice with regard to designs that impact local and global society.
- Students will add value to their design solutions by incorporating knowledge, empathy and respect for diverse audiences, abilities, and points of view.
- Students will synthesize and integrate cross-disciplinary knowledge to construct design solutions that demonstrate professional level proficiency.
- Students will work collaboratively, conduct multi-modal research, and use design methodologies to craft design solutions.
Learn more about Student Learning Outcomes across the College of the Arts