Click here to apply
We are recruiting MFA candidates in Acting, Directing, Scenic Design, Lighting Design, and Costume Design, and MFA/MBA candidates in Theatre Management for the Fall 2012 term.
CSU Long Beach and Cal Rep will be attending URTA auditions in New York and Chicago. We will also hold MFA in Performance (Acting/Directing) auditions on Saturday, February 11th on campus at CSULB. All candidates should bring a résumé and statement of purpose, plus be prepared to teach a 10 minute activity (students will be provided.) Acting candidates should have 2 contrasting monologues (maximum 4 minutes total.) Directing candidates, bring a directing prompt book.
MFA Training Application
Applying to Cal Rep at California State University Long Beach consists of five steps:
- Fill out and submit the Cal Rep application. This application will be sent to the Department of Theatre Arts at CSULB. Be sure to click "Submit" when you're done!
- Send copies of your unofficial transcripts, three letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose to:
Cal Rep Admissions
Department of Theatre Arts
California State University Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90840-2701
*Note that you send your official transcripts to the University Graduate Admissions Office only, not to the department.
- In addition to submitting the Cal Rep application form, you must directly apply to the university.
- Send copies of your official transcripts to the University Graduate Admissions Office as per the instructions on their website.
- International students must also apply through the International Admissions Office.
The university offers a comprehensive program of financial aid funded by federal, state, university and private sources. These programs include grants, scholarships, loans, and employment opportunities. Most awards are based on financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid. We strongly recommend that you contact the Office of Financial Aid as soon as you decide to attend CSULB.