Bands at the BCCM
The world of the California State University, Long Beach Bands program provides a myriad of performance opportunities for the aspiring professional musician. Recognized internationally as a premier wind band program, the CSULB bands have performed at many of the most prestigious venues and events across the globe. The Los Angeles Times hailed the Wind Symphony as “thoroughly disciplined and euphonious!” The wind band program’s ultimate mission is to bring the highest quality wind literature to a professional level of performance, thus engaging the listening audience.
- Performances in Europe, Japan, Australia, and Canada
- Music Educators National Conference (MENC) National Convention
- College Band Directors National and Regional Conferences
- American Bandmasters Association Conferences
- Carries on a long tradition of excellence under world-class conductors including: H. Robert Reynolds, Don Wilcox, and Larry Curtis
- Tours within the state and region
- Walt Disney Concert Hall performances
- Local and regional conferences
- Over 100 members!
- Majors and non-majors
- On and off-campus performances
- Hold positions in the New York Philharmonic, Los Angeles Philharmonic, Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, Detroit Symphony, New World Symphony, etc.
- Record in major movie and television studios, and in theater productions in NY & LA
- Include notable wind conductors Eugene Migliaro Corporon and Allan McMurray