Long Beach VA Clinical Research Assistant
- Interested in working in a clinical research setting at the Long Beach VA.
- A minimum 2 year commitment
- Full-time Monday- Friday (with benefits)
- Preferably interested in going onto graduate/medical school in 2-3 years
- Acquainted with basic computer skills, software, and office skills (i.e., experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and typing)
- Able to work well with others and patients
Clinical Research Description:
The Clinical Research Assistant is required to be familiar with the research process, investigation studies currently active at the site, and assist with all aspects of study management. Study management includes keeping up with medical records and research reviews, talking with patients, handling blood specimens, filing papers, and communication with the VA Institutional Review Board. The Clinical Research Assistant will work with several other Clinical Research Assistants involved in clinical trials ranging from new treatments for chronic hepatitis C to prevention of colon cancer. Our clinical research team is looking for someone who is committed, friendly, and willing to learn.
*No prior research or hospital experience needed.
If you are interested, please email your CV or résumé to Timothy.Morgan@va.gov or Gerardo.Hernandez2@va .gov . If you have any questions please feel free and call (562) 826-8000 ext. 2565
Thank you very much for your interest and we are looking forward in meeting you!