- The following ceremonies will require tickets for entry. Students walking in these ceremonies will receive a maximum of 8 guest tickets. Be sure to collect a ticket from your commencement participant prior to the ceremony.
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business
- College of Engineering
- Mark the date and time of your student's commencement ceremony
- Book a Hotel (Optional)
- Guests with Special Needs
- Please review the Disability Related Accommodations page.
- Please contact the Office of Parking and Transportation Services for assistance and directions to special parking lots and drop off locations: 562.985.4146.
- The University does not provide wheelchairs; guests must bring their own. Please arrive well before the start of the ceremony to allow enough time for the ceremony staff to lend assistance. For elderly guests and others who are unable to sit outside, the ceremonies will be broadcast live indoors at the Walter Pyramid.
- Please contact Disabled Student Services at 562.985.5401 if you would like more information on amenities. Please fill out the Disablity Related Accommodations Form by May 1st if you have special requests.
- Please contact the Commencement Coordinator for your ceremony, if you have questions or concerns about attendance.
- Directions to CSULB
- Free parking is offered to the public at any of the parking structures and student parking lots on lower campus during the ceremonies.
- It is recommended that guests arrive 45 minutes prior to the ceremony, allowing time to park and walk to the ceremony site.
- To provide a safer environment for the public and expedite entry into the venue, CSULB has implemented a Clear Bag Policy. This policy supports the Long Beach State Athletics policy that was implemented in September of 2018, which follows industry standards as it is consistent with the NFL and most NCAA insitutional policies. If you must bring a bag, the following are permissible:
Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12" or one- gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand (4.5" x 6.5"), with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bags.
An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at designated locations.
The University Bookstore will have permissible bags available for purchase at their Distribution Event (May 6 - 8), and at their booths during Commencement (located outside of the venue).
- Dress should be appropriate for walking and sitting outdoors for two hours. For those that prefer to sit inside, the ceremonies will be broadcast live in the Walter Pyramid. No tickets are required for entry for the live stream.
- For all ceremonies, seating is available on a first-come, first-seated basis, in folding chairs and grandstands. If you plan on bringing small children, it is recommended that you view the ceremony in the live-streaming room which will not require tickets. Note: HANDSTAMP IS REQUIRED FOR RE-ENTRY PLEASE SEE AN USHER BEFORE EXITING.
- Strollers: Please see an usher for stroller locations.
- Web Streaming Room: Each ceremony will broadcast LIVE in the Walter Pyramid. Banners will clearly mark the designated web streaming room on the day of the ceremony. The web streaming room is open to everyone, and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets are not required to watch the ceremony from the live-streaming room.
- Each ceremony will begin with a processional of graduates, faculty, and university officials. The Dean will welcome the audience, give instructions, and recognize outstanding graduates.
- The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- Please remain in your seats for the duration of the ceremony.
- Gifts for Graduates
- Flowers & Leis: CSULB Alumni Association volunteers will be selling beautiful mixed bouquets, and orchid leis at graduation. You can help support the Alumni Association's programs by purchasing flowers at the alumni tent inside the venue.
- University Bookstore: The university bookstore will have a tent set up during commencement where guests can purchase balloons, bears, cards and other items for graduates
- Prohibited Items
- Confetti Canons
- Tripods or Large Photographic Equipment
- Photo Opportunity
- There are several popular places around campus that are great for photos such as Walter Pyramid, the Japanese Garden, and the Lymon Lough Fountain in Maxson Plaza.
- Leaving Campus
- We recommend that guests avoid entering the 405 Freeway from 7th Street due to high traffic congestion. Alternative routes are at Palo Verde Avenue and Bellflower Boulevard from which both the 405 North and South can be accessed.