Hey Senior! Are you planning to participate in the Spring 2019 Commencement Ceremonies?
If so, here are your “Next Steps”:
1. Decide if you are “eligible to participate”:
If you have applied to graduate through MYCSULB for Fall 2018, Winter 2019, Spring 2019, Summer 2019 or Fall 2019, you will be eligible to participate in the May 2019 ceremonies. There is no additional registration required.
If you applied for the above terms before March 15, 2019 – your name is automatically included in the program. At this point, we are no longer able to add students to the program as they have been sent to the printer.
2. Ensure you know the correct date and time of your college ceremony:
View the complete schedule of ceremonies on the Commencement website.
For students in the College of Liberal Arts and College of Health and Human Services, be sure to check the list of majors to determine if you are in ceremony 1 or 2.
All ceremonies are held at the University Track and Field.
3. Pre-Order your Cap and Gown before April 19, 2019!
The University Bookstore handles cap and gown rentals. All Commencement services including renting your cap and gown is available online until April 19th.
The last day to pre-order your cap and gown set is April 19, 2019. Don’t hesitate, order today!
Walk up orders begin May 9th at the University Bookstore and go through Commencement.
4. When do I get my Cap and Gown (and tickets)?
The Distribution Event occurs May 6 – 8, 2019 from 9 am – 7pm at the University Bookstore.
Those who attended Grad Fair or pre-ordered a cap and gown set online can pick up their pre-ordered graduation items at this event.
Ticket distribution for pre-orders only will also occur at this Distribution Event.
If you do not pre-order, walk up orders for cap and gowns and tickets will start Thursday, May 9th and go through Commencement, during regular bookstore hours.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How can I check if my name is included in the program?
- Each college Dean will be mailing a letter to all invited graduates and candidates in the next couple weeks (some may have already received one. Receiving this letter is the first way to check if your name will be included in the program. If you haven’t received a letter, please email your college coordinator and they can check the list to see if you are on it.
- How do I know if I’m graduating with honors?
- GPA honors are not recognized at the ceremony. (GPAs are not calculated until your degree has been granted, several weeks after the end of the semester.)
To inquire about honors in the major, go to the major department office.
- Please see our FAQ on the Commencement website for more information.