Advancement to Candidacy, M.S. Computer Science, Both Options
Students applying for advancement to candidacy must:
- have completed all undergraduate deficiencies with grades
of "C" or better;
- have attained an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0;
- have completed at least 12 units in the core requirement applicable to the degree with a GPA of at least 3.0 for the completed units;
- have fulfilled the Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR); and
- have their program of studies approved by the CECS
department graduate advisor.
*Note: Any deviation of coursework listed on completed Advancement to Candidacy form should be reported using Change of Program form.
Filing For Advancement to Candidacy
- Complete the appropriate Advancement to Candidacy form listed. Forms MUST be typed.
- Print form
- Schedule an appointment to meet with your Graduate Advisor:
- Bring with you to your appointment:
- Advancement to Candidacy Form
- Prerequisite Worksheet - completed at the start of your program
- Unofficial Transcript - access from your mycsulb