The Junior Developer will be responsible for the automation and/or optimization of production processes
and the creation of reporting tools through the use and utilization of Perl, Ruby, and Applescript. Using
scripts to call on other post-production programs, such as Adobe Photoshop, Filemaker Pro, Microsoft Excel,
Flash, quicktime and Apple Mail to perform batch tasks is required. Evox is a Mac environment so knowledge
of unix based scripting languages are critical. Primary functions include overseeing the database of images
and associated metadata, as well as the preparation and execution of deliveries by scripting batch movement
and renaming of files and folders to FTP storage. May also be required to conduct online market research in
a range of product areas and maintain and support other image and media asset management databases company-wide.
This position will work with all levels of the Production staff. Employment at Evox requires job assignment
flexibility from the employee. Evox reserves the right to change your duties and responsibilities and to
reassign your duties as the need arises. Your responsibilities may encompass Evox Productions both national
and international operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and create scripts for all automated processes on Post-Production
- Scripting Languages – Perl, Ruby and/or Applescripting for automating/optimizing production processes, utilizing Quicktime or Flash.
I.e. prefab player, various other Mac programs to make processes work faster or to ensure dependable, batched output of files across many file types,
conducting audits, merging multiple data sets into formatted output to predefined specifications, automating acquisition and tracking of reporting data.
- Automate and fulfill customized deliveries as needed.
- Photoshop - writing advanced actions & automating processes
- Train others to use applications in a higher level, i.e. Photoshop, iView Media Pro, etc. Train others on processes created, using actions correctly.
- Understand and manage video delivery systems including, but not =imited to Final Cut Pro, Episode, and CatDV.
- Create, maintain, and optimize File Maker Pro databases for Post-Production with guidance from Production Managers, Programmers and IT.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience managing digital image databases and associated metadata.
- Experience in researching automotive product offerings.
- Strong communication and creative problem solving skills and experience sharing the decision-making process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong organization and planning skills.
- Strong computer literacy, including a high level of proficiency using FileMaker Pro and Adobe PhotoShop.
- Perl, Ruby and Applescript, Photoshop Flash, Quicktime and FileMaker Pro.
- Understanding of team-based continuous process improvement principles
Education and/or Experience
- Programming (1-3+ yr. exp), Photoshop (1-3 yr. exp).
- Proven experience working in a fast paced, high volume digital media production environment.
- Proven experience managing digital media archives and associated files.
- Experience using file servers, FTP, etc.
- Intimate familiarity with computers, Macintosh operating system (OS 10.5+) a must, some Windows experience a plus.
- Experience or interest in photography a plus.
- Experience or interest in Auto Industry a plus.
**NEW GRADS ARE WELCOME TO APPLY**
To apply please visit our website - www.evox.com.
Chiara Kasper : Recruiter
Phone: 310.605.1400 Ext 269
Fax: 310.605.1400 Ext 269