Computer Engineering & Computer Science (CECS)
271. Introduction to Numerical Methods (3)
- Prerequisites: CECS 174 and MATH 222.
- Matrix computations. Linear algebra fundamentals. Numerical methods for algebraic equations. Systems of linear equations. Curve fitting. Least squares. Interpolation. Fourier transform. Frequency domain concepts. Numerical integration and differentiation. Ordinary differential equations. Use of MATLAB or equivalent for algorithm implementation.
- (Lecture 2 hours, laboratory 3 hours.) Letter grade only (A-F).
View the course offerings:
Computer Engineering &Computer Science (CECS)
Additional Official Program Information
- Links to CSULB catalog and schedule of classes
*Note: although every effort is made to keep this Web site
up to date, you should also consult the printed catalog for official
information and program requirements, which may vary depending on the
year you enter(ed) the program.
CECS Upper Division Courses 300 - 424
CECS Upper Division Courses 428 - 497
CECS Graduate Courses 519/619 - 590/690
CECS Graduate Courses 621/521 - 698