Computer Engineering & Computer Science (CECS)
304. Engineering Problem Solving and Design (3)
- Prerequisite: MATH 117 or three and one half years of high school mathematics, including
algebra, geometry, intermediate algebra and one-half year of trigonometry.
- Problem solving process: define, solve, alternatives, & Implement. Problem solving tools:
analytical, graphical, and computer-based. Procedures for creative problem solving. Nature of
engineering design. Design process overview. Critical thinking exercises using real-life examples.
Team projects: Written reports and oral presentations.
- (Lecture 2 hours, laboratory 3 hours) Letter grade only (A-F).
View the course offerings:
Computer Engineering &Computer Science (CECS)
Additional Official Program Information
- Links to CSULB catalog and schedule of classes
*Note: although every effort is made to keep this Web site
up to date, you should also consult the printed catalog for official
information and program requirements, which may vary depending on the
year you enter(ed) the program.
CECS Lower Division
CECS Upper Division Courses 300 - 424
CECS Upper Division Courses 428 - 497
CECS Graduate Courses 519/619 - 590/690
CECS Graduate Courses 621/521 - 698