Science & Math Safari to Success
What is Science & Math Safari to Success?
- An orientation program sponsored by the Jensen SAS Center and the CNSM Advising Center in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics (CNSM)
- An opportunity to learn what is required of science and math majors
- A chance to learn what programs and opportunities are available in the College of Natural Sciences & Math
- An opportunity to meet CNSM faculty, staff, and administrators
- A chance to receive academic advising for first semester classes
- An opportunity to meet current CNSM students and organizations.
Who can attend?
In addition to student - parents, family members and other guests are invited to attend this program.
When will it take place?
Monday, June 23, 2014 (after placement testing) at 1:00pm
What is the cost?
There is no cost to attend the afternoon event.
The Chemistry Placement Test has an registration cost (see below). *Parking is NOT included in the cost. Parking is $5.00 per day in any general campus lot.
Science & Math Safari to Success Registration
- Science & Math Safari to Success Registration is now closed
Monday, June 23, 2014: Science & Math Safari to Success
Schedule of Events
||Calculus Readiness Exam* - Check-in begins at 7:30am at Liberal Arts - 5 (LA-5) building (east side of building)
||Chemistry Placement Test* (CPT) - Check-in begins at 10am at Liberal Arts - 5 (LA-5) building (east side of building)
||Lunch Break on your own
||CNSM Overview and Workshop - Peterson Hall 1 (PH1) -141
||CNSM Advising Session - PH1-141
*Placement tests are for students only.
Tuesday, June 24, 2014: CNSM/SOAR Workshop
For Incoming Freshmen:
- New CSULB students are REQUIRED to attend SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration)
- Visit the SOAR website or call (562) 985-5515 for more information. *separate registration process and fee required.
For Parents/Family Members:
*separate registration process and fee required.
Need a Map?
If you have any questions, please contact the Jensen SAS Center at (562) 985-4682 or email Aimee.Arreygue@csulb.edu.