Computer Lab Policy
The College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics (CNSM) Computer Labs are designed to allow CNSM students improved access to technology. We have developed the following guidelines to promote a proper working relationship between our students, faculty, and staff.
I. Please remember to:
II. The following may result in your account being disabled:
- Treat others in the lab with respect and dignity.
- Log off properly when you are finished to prevent others from tampering with your account.
III. The following can result in expulsion from the labs:
- Repeatedly failing to log off from your account when finished.
- Logging on with one account to multiple computers at the same time.
- Non-CNSM student accounts may be disabled if the lab regularly retains a high volume of users and wait times become unacceptable for stations.
- Eating or drinking at any time inside the lab.
- Altering or destroying any data or software settings on any computers or the network systems.
- Planting a computer virus or worm on any school computer.
- Using the computers to copy or remove copyrighted material.
- Downloading and/or installing unauthorized software into the computer hard drive.
- Accessing files that contain inappropriate or illegal materials such as pornography.
- Sharing your computer account with other students.
- Sending or receiving messages that are, or can be, considered as harassing in nature.
- Sending messages aliased or masqueraded as if from someone else.