Tenure-Track Screening & Selection Procedures Supplement
Screening and Selection Procedures (Supplement)
In order to provide consistency and equity in screening and selection procedures, we need to have the following elements included in the document. The main reason that the interview questions (item #3) need to be included before the review of applications begins is to ensure that these questions were not formulated with a particular candidate in mind.
- Indicate if screening interviews are to be conducted at regional or national conventions, as well as whether selected members of the search committee or the entire committee will be conducting these interviews.
- Indicate whether telephone interviews will be part of the screening and selection procedures.
- Include interview questions for on-campus interviews (and telephone interviews if applicable).
- Include this statement (or language close to it): “Before conducting any interviews, each year the Office of Equity and Diversity will select a number of searches to review and the review of applications will take place by the Director.”
- Specify the method of communication between search committee(s) and the department.
- Briefly describe the procedures to ensure that all confidential materials in candidates’ files shall remain confidential.