***Tuesday, Dec. 10 is the final day for advising for Fall 2013.***
Welcome! The sociology department has three faculty advisors to assist undergraduates with your questions about the major. Those questions can include:
• Help with short and long-term class planning.
• Explain graduation requirements.
• Discuss post-graduate options and opportunities.
• Assist with other matters related to your sociology career here at CSULB.
Our advisors for 2013-2014 are:
Dr. Nancy Martin
Dr. Oliver Wang
Dr. Kerry Woodward
- (Please do not email advisors directly with your questions unless specifically instructed to do so).
We offer two kinds of in-person advising:
1. Drop-in Advising. During the following times, you can meet with these advisors on a first come, first serve basis:
- Tuesdays, 10-1pm. Dr. Woodward, PSY 139
- Tuesdays, 3-5pm. Dr. Wang, PSY 140
- Wednesdays, 12-2pm. Dr. Martin, PSY 135
- Thursdays, 10-11am. Dr. Wang, PSY 140
- Thursdays, 4-5pm. Dr. Martin, PSY 135
2. Sign-up Advising. For students who prefer to have a set appointment, we offer sign-up advising here. All advisor sign-up meetings are for 15 minutes or less.
Sign-up advising this fall are available:
Tuesdays: 1:30-3:30pm (Woodward, PSY 139)
Wednesdays: 3-5pm (Martin, PSY 135)
Thursdays: 3-5pm (Wang, PSY 140)
- ***Fall 2013 Advising ends on Tuesday, Dec. 10th. No appointments will be honored after that date.***
We have a special web form for those who simply want to declare their concentration.