Welcome! The sociology department has two faculty advisors this year to assist undergraduates with your questions about the major. Those questions can include:
• Help with short and long-term class planning.
• Explain graduation requirements.
• Discuss post-graduate options and opportunities.
• Assist with other matters related to your sociology career here at CSULB.
Our advisors for 2014-2015 are:
Dr. Oliver Wang (PSY 140)
Dr. Kerry Woodward PSY 139)
(Please do not email advisors directly with your questions unless specifically instructed to do so).
We offer two kinds of in-person advising:
1. Drop-in Advising. During the following times, you can meet with these advisors on a first come, first serve basis:
- MON 10:30-11:30am (Wang, PSY 140)
- TUE 9:30-12:30pm, 1-3pm (Woodward, PSY 139)
- WED 9:30-11:30am (Wang, PSY 140)
- WED 12:30-3:30pm (Woodward, PSY 139)
2. Sign-up Advising. For students who prefer to have a set appointment, we also offer sign-up advising. All advisor sign-up meetings are for 15 minutes or less. Sign up here.
- MON 9:30-10:30am (Woodward, PSY 130)
- TUE: 3-4pm (Woodward, PSY 130)
PILOT PROGRAM: Phone Advising. We are testing out advising for students via phone. Students must sign up for appointments ahead of time using a special phone appointment page. Again, this is ONLY for phone appointments.
- THU 9-11am (Wang)