Welcome! The sociology department has three faculty advisors to assist undergraduates with your questions about the major. Those questions can include:
• Help with short and long-term class planning.
• Explain graduation requirements.
• Discuss post-graduate options and opportunities.
• Assist with other matters related to your sociology career here at CSULB.
Our advisors for 2013-2014 are:
Dr. Nancy Martin
Dr. Oliver Wang
Dr. Kerry Woodward
- (Please do not email advisors directly with your questions unless specifically instructed to do so).
We offer two kinds of in-person advising:
1. Drop-in Advising. During the following times, you can meet with these advisors on a first come, first serve basis:
- MON 3:30 – 4:30pm (Woodward, PSY 139)
- TUE 10am – 1pm (Woodward, PSY 139)
- TUE 1:30 – 5pm (Wang, PSY 140)
- WED 1 – 3pm (Martin, PSY 135)
(No drop-in available with Dr. Woodward on 2/11 and 2/18)
2. Sign-up Advising. For students who prefer to have a set appointment, we offer sign-up advising. All advisor sign-up meetings are for 15 minutes or less. Sign up here.
- TUE 2:30 – 3:30pm (Woodward, PSY 130)
- WED 3:30 – 5:30pm (Martin, PSY 135)
- THU 3 – 4pm (Martin, PSY 135)
PILOT PROGRAM: Online/Phone Advising. We will be testing out advising for students away from campus. Students must sign up for appointments ahead of time using a special online appointment page. Again, this is ONLY for meetings held remotely, not “in-person.”
- MON 8:30 – 10am (Wang)