Welcome! The sociology department has two faculty advisors this year to assist undergraduates with your questions about the major. Those questions can include:
• Help with short and long-term class planning.
• Explain graduation requirements.
• Discuss post-graduate options and opportunities.
• Assist with other matters related to your sociology career here at CSULB.
Our advisors for 2014-2015 are:
Dr. Oliver Wang (PSY 140)
Dr. Kerry Woodward PSY 139)
(Please do not email advisors directly with your questions unless specifically instructed to do so).
Week One Advising Schedule During the first week of classes (8-25 to 8-29), we offer drop-in advising during these hours (no appointments, except for phone).
- MON: 9:30-10:30am (Woodward, PSY 139)
- MON: 9:30-Noon (Wang, PSY 140)
- TUE: 9:30-12:30pm(Woodward, PSY 139)
- TUE: 1:00-4:00pm (Woodward, PSY 139)
- WED: 9:30-Noon (Wang, PSY 140)
- WED: 12:30-3:30pm (Woodward, PSY 139)
(After Week One) we offer two kinds of in-person advising:
1. Drop-in Advising. During the following times, you can meet with these advisors on a first come, first serve basis:
- MON 11-Noon (Wang, PSY 140)
- TUE 9:30-12:30pm, 1-3pm (Woodward, PSY 139)
- WED 9-11am (Wang, PSY 140)
- WED 12:30-3:30pm (Woodward, PSY 139)
2. Sign-up Advising. For students who prefer to have a set appointment, we also offer sign-up advising. All advisor sign-up meetings are for 15 minutes or less. Sign up here.
- MON 9:30-10:30am (Woodward, PSY 130)
- TUE: 3-4pm (Woodward, PSY 130)
PILOT PROGRAM: Phone Advising. We are testing out advising for students via phone. Students must sign up for appointments ahead of time using a special phone appointment page. Again, this is ONLY for phone appointments.
- THU 9-11am (Wang)