Student Historical Review
Have you ever considered having your original research published?
The Student Historical Review is currently accepting original papers from students at California State University, Long Beach.
- To showcase quality historical scholarship that demonstrates students’ understanding of historical events, concepts, methods and theory.
- To further introduce students to professionally publishing historical papers, including rigorous fact checks, editing, and critical reviews. We are aiming to strengthen students’ historical prose and promote scholarly and professional growth.
STANDARDS FOR SUBMITTING WORK
- All contributors must strive to eliminate personal biases. All submissions must be completely acdemically honest, original, contain no fabrication, be void of any plagiarism and seek to establish a critical dialogue within the campus and the greater community with regards to history and historical interpretations.
- All submissions should use Chicago Style formatting and include properly formatted footnotes and a bibliography.
- All works must acknowledge any and all contributors that helped create the article.
- Please submit your polished submission along with your signed application to the History Department Office. Students can submit current, previous coursework or any other historical papers.
- Submissions can be but are not limited to historiographies, research papers, theory papers, analysis papers, book or film reviews, or any other historically focused papers.
- After reviewing submissions, Student Historical Review will call or email students to discuss decisions or possible revisions.
- For an application in PDF format, click here.
- Applications are also available at the History Department, FO2-101A.
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you!
John Monetti and Jon Silver
Editors of Student Historical Review