Oral History Program
Ali Igmen , Program Director ~ FO2-116 ~ Tel: (562) 985-8765 ~ Fax: (562) 985-5431
402. Oral History Methods (1) Dr. Ali Igmen
- To acquire basic skills and an understanding of the complex practical, theoretical and ethical issues surrounding the practice of oral history, this one-unit course is offered every semester in the history department. It begins the third week of the semester and meets for eight class sessions. Students must also conduct a mini research/field work project.
- 498O. Directed Studies in Oral History (1-3) Dr. Ali Igmen
- This course is individually supervised research, with the topic to be determined by the student. Student conferences are scheduled on an individual basis. Other courses with an oral history component:
- 301. Methodology of History (3) – Alkana, Berberian, Cleary, Shafer, Vatter
Oral history is one of the historical methodologies introduced in this class, required of all history majors, and students can elect to do an oral history project as part of the course requirement.
473. California History (3) -Quam-WickhamIn some sections of this course, oral history methodology is introduced and an oral history project is assigned
For further information contact: Ali Igmen, Oral History Program Director, Department of History, California State University, Long Beach, 1250 Bellflower Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90840. Tel.: (562) 985-8765. Fax: (562) 985-5431. E-mail: email@example.com.