HDEV 470 Guidelines
All graduating Human Development students are required to take HDEV 470 Practicum/Seminar, which entails the completion of a 90-hours of work at a practicum site. HDEV 470 is designed for students to explore a career goal in the last year of their undergraduate experience. All students in HDEV 470 must volunteer in a practicum site for 6 hours per week throughout the semester. Practicum sites in Human Development are chosen by the student, with oversight by the HDEV instructor.
To obtain a permit for HDEV 470, students must:
- be a graduating senior, with a major in Human Development;
- have taken all the prerequisite courses (HDEV 250, 307, 320, 357, 360);
- submit an Application Form and Academic Requirements Report (see below) to the HDEV office by Friday, October 10th, 2014 at Noon;
- attend a mandatory orientation meeting (see below for schedule);
- obtain consent of the instructor;
- read and agree to follow the guidelines for finding a practicum site.
Orientation schedule and application procedures can be found below. Pay special attention to dates and deadlines.
No exceptions or extensions will be made.
HDEV 470 permits will be issued in late October.
You must submit the following forms to the Human Development department office (PSY-205). Deadline is Friday, October 10th, 2014 at Noon. No exceptions.
- A completed Application Form for HDEV 470: Senminar/Practicum.
- A copy of the Academic Requirement Report from MyCSULB.
You must attend one of the mandatory orientation meetings:
Monday October 20, 2014 at 11:00 AM in UTC-201
Monday October 20, 2014 at 5:00 PM in PH2-116
Tuesday October 21, 2014 at 4:00 PM in PH2-116
Friday October 24, 2014 at 9:00 AM in LA5-165
RSVP is not required.
Forms and More Resources
Guidelines for Finding and Choosing a Practicum Site
Sponsor Information Form
Letter to Practicum Site Sponsor
Please contact Dr. Beth Manke (Beth.Manke@csulb.edu), the Human Development Internship Coordinator, with questions about HDEV 470.