Posted on June 20, 2013 by Audrey
Today I went to the Ka’a’awa Valley but once I arrived at the base station, I tried using the spectrometer and I realized this might not work out so well. I would have to hold the Yuma in one hand and the spectrometer on the other and take the spectral reading while standing on a steep slope and on top of the ferns. Later, I talked with Dr. Lee who said that I probably would not have to measure the slope since I could just get the approximate slope using the DEM. Since I already collected all the GPS points for the ferns that are reachable, I came back to the barn.
Once I returned to the barn, I started working on adding the field notes to the GPS points. Then I used eCognition to try to do some classifications. But I had a lot of trouble getting the DEM to appear on ArcMap and eCognition. The trouble mostly arose from the fact that the DEM was in asc or adf format. I am still unsure whether I am opening the DEM correctly. After getting the DEM to appear in ArcMap, I created a slope raster which is also composed of adf files.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.