Thank you for your interest in the Master of Arts in Economics at California State University, Long Beach. The department and university requirements for admission are found below. All students begin the program in the fall semester; we are not accepting applications for the spring semester. Any questions about admissions may be directed to email@example.com.
ECONOMICS DEPARTMENT ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS:
1) A bachelor’s degree with a major in economics OR a bachelor’s degree with 24 units of upper division courses comparable to those required of a major in economics.
2) A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75, with at least a 3.0 GPA in principles of microeconomics, principles of macroeconomics, intermediate microeconomics, intermediate macroeconomics, statistics, and calculus.
3) GRE scores – currently there is no minimum score requirement.
UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS:
1) A degree level comparable to a U.S. 4-year bachelor degree from an accredited institution.
2) English language requirement.
Important Dates for Fall 2015 Admission:
Applications Accepted: October 1, 2014 – March 15, 2015
Admissions Decisions: Made on a rolling basis, beginning in January 2015
Graduate Assistantship Offers: Offers will be made in spring 2015
Please note: if you are a current CSULB student you may be eligible to expedite the application process. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The following materials should be emailed to email@example.com:
1) Department Application (coming soon)
2) Personal statement explaining why you are interested in pursuing a MA in Economics from CSULB (the statement should be typed and not exceed 2 pages).
3) Two letters of recommendation (from former faculty and/or current employer).
To complete your application:
4) Provide GRE Scores (Institution Code 4389, Department Code 1801)
5) Complete the University Application: http://www.csumentor.edu/ (official transcripts will be required as part of this application).